Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Autumn garden photos

It's starting to look a bit like autumn in my backyard. Here are some pictures I took this morning. They all get a little bigger if you click 'em.

Dried Sunflower Heads


Dried Sunflower Heads With Morning Glory


Some Ornamental Grass


The Burning Bush is Starting To Burn

Knitting News
The Kelebek Vest is about 12 inches long now. Three more inches until I start the armhole and neckline shaping. At that point the work will seem to speed up, because it will lose a lot of girth in the last 10 inches of knitting. Then, it's time to cut the steeks! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

Great pics! The trees are starting to bloom down here and the second wave of butterflies is upon us. Yeah, I won't miss this place. I'm glad I can at least vicariously experience fall through your pics.

Are you going to do some before and after steek pictures? I'm fascinated by steeking.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Sounds like your flying along on the vest. Very productive, aren't you?!

Love the pictures. It makes me happy to live in Wisconsin. I love the colors - those desert dwellers and heat seekers are missing out.

Sarah said...

I love autumn. I need to take some autumn pics around the house too.

The Fair Isle is gorgeous. I really am in love with it!

Anonymous said...

Three inches from the arms & neckline shaping? Awesome! It's gorgeous.

Pretty autumn pictures.

Jerry & Maxy said...

Autumn is here too, and your pics are awesome! The pink of the Morning Glory against the brown of the dried sunflower heads is a great contrast.

And now, I am all caught up on Miss E. HOORAY! Sorry I've been off the map. It's good to be back! I hope you're feeling better too.

Jenny said...

Gorgeous as always, Elizabeth. Photos AND the sweater. Please give us the play by play on the steeking!