Saturday, October 28, 2006

Kelebek Cool Swatch!


The Kelebek Vest I made has a warm range of colors in it. Even the neutrals I used are on the warm side of the color wheel.

Here's an alternative view, using blues, greens, and cooler neutrals. While I was knitting it, I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but after I got it off the needles and cut it open, I changed my mind. This swatch still keeps the paler colors in the background. Looking at it more, I think I'll try another one with the light and dark positions reversed, which would make read more as a blue and green design than a pale grey design.

What do you think?

10 comments:

Terby said...

I really like the cool colors. Something about it reads as more traditional to me than your warm palette. I'm interested in seeing how the reversal works out.

jpknits said...

I enjoy the icy quality, though. Staying tuned.

Molly Bee said...

I LOVE this colorway so much that I will allow you to keep the vest you just finished...just mail me this one when it's one. These are, after all, MY colors! ;-)

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Very pretty dear. I'm really liking these colors. Much more my style.

Can't wait to see the reversal.

Jerry & Maxy said...

I look forward to seeing the reversal!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great in that colorway too and I would love to see the dark and light reversed.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I really like these colors too! Reminds me of the sky after a winter storm.

Ruinwen
:)

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I like the warm/neutral palette and this palette just as much. I can't imagine it improving by reversing it. But that just shows the limits of my imagination. Have a good time in Chicago.

Marji said...

I'm anxious to see it in the reversed position. I'm thinking that although I tend to be a warm/red person myself, that marine blue/green colorway may be my favorite for this pattern.

fibergal said...

You need to post the colors you used for this lovely swatch. I was just pulling out my copy of this booklet and now I really want to make a blue one.