Thursday, October 12, 2006

Kelebek Front Band


If you want a closer look, click on the picture! This is hot off the needles and, as yet, completely unblocked.

I just finished the front band. I've crocheted and cut one armhole. The other is still untouched. I have a bunch of pictures of the process and tonight I'll try to get them formatted and blog-worthy.

I'm getting very excited to see it all done.

But there's a Murphy's Law about button stashes that I need to share. I have a lot of buttons in many varieties and sizes. Fancy ones, plain ones, antique ones and newer ones. Metal, mother of pearl, plastic, shiny, matte finish, etc. But I never seem to have exactly the right button in the quantity I need for a project. Why is that?

8 comments:

Bezzie said...

Looking good!!!

Well, at least buttons aren't as expensive as yarn right? Sometimes the same rule seems to apply to yarn as well.

Jerry & Maxy said...

It looks GREAT!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have the buttons you want.

Trillian42 said...

Gorgeous! It really is an awesome design - can't wait to see it all finished!

Zonda said...

That is Awesome!! Thanks for the steeking tutorial!! I would have been soo nervous cutting though!
Good luck w/buttons! It happens to me too, often with thread for a project...

Helen said...

thank you SO much. bookmarking this :) it is so lovely!!

aija said...

Looking great! I loved watching your progress on this one.

Terby said...

I really like that one! Very nice choice of colors and pattern.

Marji said...

lovely lovely knit.
re the laws of nature and button and yarn stashes: I do so know what you speak of. Why is it never the right yarn or button is already there? It is a consipiracy of the universe to keep the fiber-y retailers in business.