17. I'm a recovering alcoholic, sober for nearly 20 years.
18. I don't believe in astrology, but my personality seems to fit the profile for my sign, Scorpio.
19. I had to fire someone who worked in my bookstore once. On her way out, she told me I was, "rude, cruel, power-hungry, and abusive." Whew. Maybe some of that is true.
20. Mr. SABLE and I lived in Ithaca NY from 1984-96.
21. We moved to Madison WI when he got his first real job.
22. I don't cry very often.
23. But tear-jerker scenes in movies get me every time.
24. I'm embarrassed when I start crying because of that kind of blatant emotional manipulation.
25. I've never owned a dog.
26. I've always been extremely close to my mother.
27. My family moved to NH when I was 5, just before I started 1st grade.
28. In my very small public school, about 12 of us went from 1st-12th grades together. I graduated in a large class of 30.
29. When I was a young teen, I wanted to go to RISD and study fashion design. My mom told me that would be a bad idea.
30. So, I went to University of Chicago and had several concentrations before I stopped trying. Among them: Italian Lit, History of Religions, and Medieval History.
31. Eventually I may go back to college and get a BA in Textiles and Design.
32. My secret internet vice is looking at real estate. It's like pornography for me.