Monday, September 04, 2006

A little progress since yesterday...


I took this pic about an hour ago. I'm about half-way to the finished body length of this pullover. I'm aiming for about 20 inches long. The Cotton Top is giving my hands a bit of a work-out, so I'd better lay off it for the rest of the day.

I used Cotton Top for the second sweater I ever made. I loved that sweater. (Where is that now?) I could put it in a gentle machine wash in a mesh bag and then lay it out on a drying rack. It stood up to all kinds of abuse in the bookstore. It was oversize then, which means it might fit me ok now.


We had a few lovely days in a row and Mr. SABLE left his van windows open in the driveway yesterday. Our two cats slept in there all day! They really think it's just one giant cat bed.


Our little guy thinks he's a cat. This has been an enduring theme of his since very early on. His first word was Meow. I wonder if there will be Species Reassignment Surgery available when he's an adult. (A horrifying thought!)

13 comments:

Landstown Poultry said...

They may not have species reassignment surgeries as of yet - but this man is getting as close to it as he can. To the point of trying to find someone to do a fur graft for him. Wowsers.

Your kitties - all three of them **chuckles** - are just adorable, and the shirt is looking lovely.

Chelle said...

I love the sweater...I've made the Adirondack sweater and love the pattern.

Too funny about the cats in the van.

BTW, she may be a bit old for your LE now, but Ellery's first word was Meow too!

Karen said...

The little one is too cute!

Margot said...

I can totally relate to your biggest cat - I wanted to be a tiger or lion in the worst way when I was a child - I even remember telling people that I was. Sadly, no one believed me...

Nice sweater too. : )

Renee said...

Bahaha! LMAO at the cats.
I love the shade of blue in the sweater.

YarnB said...

The shade of blue is gorgeous. And your son..too precious for words!!

Zonda said...

I was wondering about the cotton top when I saw the brown sheep label below! Looking good, also the scarf! :)

Sarah said...

Heee, I used to pretend I was a cat all the time too as a kid. I think it's just one of those kid things.

Of course I still have quite the cat affinity, so at least you know you're raising a good cat-loving-man!

I like the scarf, can't wait to see it all done up!

Yes, on the FAQ too!

Jenny said...

Love the cats! How funny. They look right at home.

I enjoyed your abbreviated 100 things list and hope that you can add a few more things as you think of them.

MiniLaura said...

being a cat wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Sleep, eat, sleep, eat, sleep, clean self, sleep...Yeah, I could do that.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Too cute!!! Does he do the leg rub with his head too?

As for the real cats--it looks like you interrupted a good conversation they might have been having.

Can't wait to see Little E or Sir Meows Alot model his new sweater!

Gail said...

LOL,love the cat shot! My hubby has a tendency to leave his sunroof open and the neighbours cats climb in and get cozy all the time.

Jerry & Maxy said...

I love the cat photo! And thankfully there is no species reassignment - that's scary to even think about.