Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Occasional Knitting Content


I've been finishing up the set for Annette's grandson. The day before yesterday, the hat went AWOL for several hours. I was going berserk looking in places like under the couch cushions. Eventually the Little Emperor found it under the big green chair. Thank goodness! I didn't want to make another and I promised Annette I'd have the set done before we leave town on Friday.

I'm using Christine's Baby Booties pattern for the booties. It's a little fiddly for such a small item, but I like the results. If they really do stay on a baby's foot, it's worth the effort. I never tried on my own guys, but I know that most stuff that went on feet came off in short order.

Time to think of a vacation project. This needs to be something that can stop and start with little thought. Maybe a top-down raglan for one of the kids. I've got some Cotton Ease in bright kid colors...

Off to cast on for the other bootie.

8 comments:

Ali said...

I really like your GardenShots store. very nice. I'll be back for sure.

zibibbo said...

I like the color combo.

Booties, could never keep them on Kiddo. I'd find them all over the room, they'd come off while she was doing her baby 'gymnastics'. Very cute though!

Margot said...

Nice set.

Would love it if you report back on the booties - I have several babies to knit for and want to make them some! TIA. : )

Marji said...

cute cute. love the color combo on the hat, and the booties are wonderful (but my kids went barefoot 90% of the time too, unless they were in onesies.)
Monday or Tuesday - your call.

Sarah said...

cute hat!

I really love your hat designs...

jaksmom said...

I love that hat.

Kathy S. said...

Love the Gardenshots store. Will you be adding any sets of assorted cards?

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Kathy. I don't think Cafe Press offers an assortment pack of cards. I"ll keep looking in case I missed that option.