Monday, May 21, 2007

Elizabeth's First Law of Childhood Vomiting Upheld

We were away over the weekend. My folks had gone from NH to IL to begin the process of cleaning out my grandmother's house. It's going to be a very long-term project. But it gave us a good reason to have a quick visit with my folks. We got back yesterday evening. All was well.

Around 3 a.m. we awoke to Owen's voice yelling for us to wake up because he was about to be sick. Which he was. But fortunately, it went where it should have gone: down the loo. I don't think he's got The Bug because he was really completely well today. Of course, he had to stay home from school to be on the safe side. But after a cautious start, he ate normally and all was well.

We are rapidly sailing into the end of the school year. Hard to believe. I was just rereading some of my posts from last summer, when I was so eagerly anticipating the beginning of the school year. I had such ambitions for this year. I'm not sure where all the time went. I guess I need to make the most of whatever time I have left in this school year. Because I know when summer hits, I may as well just put on a referee suit and wear that until school starts next fall.

8 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, I shouldn't laugh at poor Owen getting the bug, but that post title did it!

Good for him for making it to the bathroom in time. I *love* it when that happens! It's just the little things you know?

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about summer - next week is the last week of school. On the one hand, I can't wait - it's been a long year of teaching. On the other hand, it's 10 weeks home with the three little darlings.

YarnThrower said...

Ooooh, so sorry your little guy was sick, and of course, so sorry for you that the timing is so impeccably middle-of-the-night.... I was laughing out loud about putting on referee clothes! Not a bad idea for what I should do at my house this summer, or maybe today...

Batty said...

And here I was thinking you were going to get a break! Maybe he just ate something he shouldn't have and it'll clear right up.

Molly Bee said...

Omigosh! You sure have had more than your share of barf!!!Hang in there! At least the weather's nice so you can open the windows!

Leslie said...

We're quickly winding down the school activities, too, and my oldest still hasn't managed to go out and get a job! He's not too concerned, but I am. The kiddos need some structure to keep things from completely falling apart. I've been madly finishing gardening and house projects in anticipation of a less productive summer break! The upside: no homework, project or test worries.

Terby said...

Nope. Nuh uh. No. I'm in denial. Summer is NOT almost here. (Didn't we just do that?)

Hope there's been no more barf at your house.

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

so what is Elizabeth's First Law of Childhood Vomiting? A parent will be present during or within 60 seconds of the event? I can't believe the school year is winding up either. I can't imagine how I'm going to get the school newspaper out before June 12th! On the plus side, Elizabeth, you can borrow my referee outfit and whistle until the school year starts anew.