Wednesday, May 03, 2006

First photo: the yarn I made on the drop spindle from the roving from Rainbow Fleece Farms. There's still a little more to spin. I think I'm getting very nice, even results on the drop spindle.


Second photo: a close up of the stitch I'm using for a new top-down project. This is the wool/silk blend I bought at Blackberry Ridge in the fall. I'm hoping for a cardigan I can wear over short sleeve or sleeveless tops and it will be nice in transitional weather without making me itch.

Photos 3 and 4 are my efforts at spinning some lovely corriedale I bought from Susan when I bought the wheel. Pictures of yarn on the bobbins never look all that sexy, but I'm pleased with my progress. Yes, there's room for improvement, but it's coming along.

My library system has many titles on spinning in their catalog. I ordered about 12 of them the other night and some are waiting at my branch for me to pick them up this evening. I can't wait.

No comments: