Saturday, July 30, 2005

Colin's 4th Birthday.

My younger son turned 4 today. He's been deeply ambivalent about the whole thing, so we've tried to keep everything low-key. We had the family from next door over for cake and ice cream and it lasted about an hour. I'm not sure if we'll do anything special for dinner. Why create big expectations where none exist?

We had knitting group this morning. Seven of us in all. I met some new folks and really enjoyed the chat. So far no grumbles from the coffee shop about us arriving and taking up space. It generally is not crowded there.

For those of you who have been asking: The Professor Vest pattern will soon be for sale on The Garter Belt as a pdf download. The sizes run in 4 inch increments from 36-52 inches. The size M, 40", takes about 12 oz /660 yds of slightly heavy worsted wt yarn.

Now I need to get a few new design ideas rolling, maybe one fast and one slow. But first I need to finish reading my next bookclub book, Jon Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven, and I now have my turn with the family copy of the new Harry Potter. Also, must finish rearranging my workspace in the basement. So, maybe no big new knitting design in the works for a couple of weeks. I saw a stitch I liked on a sweater on another blog the other day. The effect is of cable, but you do it with decreases and yarn over increases. It doesn't end up as bulky as actual cables. So, I've been tinkering with that with my lovely Lana Grossa Lambswool and also I'm eager to get out all my Shetland-like yarns and play with color. Not enough hours in a day.

No comments: