Monday, January 02, 2006

Updates

Last Saturday Knitting
Image hosted by Photobucket.comAs it turns out, I was not alone at Last Saturday Knitting. I wasn't even the first to arrive. I strolled in at about 7 minutes after 10 and Terri and Linda were already there, at the big square table by the fire place. Before I was properly settled in Jenny arrived, too. It was a nice time and good conversation. Linda was working on a Log Cabin square, and then a scarf. Jenny made an entire baby hat while Image hosted by Photobucket.comwe were chatting. Terri was working on her Cutaway Cardigan. And me? I was working on the sleeve to the as-yet-unnamed purple pullover. Image hosted by Photobucket.comUnfortunately, the sleeve ended up too narrow and I later had to rip it out and restart, in closer consultation with my swatch. I think it will be much more successful this time around. After I got anxious about the sleeve, I switched to my basic green sock.

Yes, the same old boring sock again. I really tried this time. I thought about doing a simple lacy pattern. I started one and really didn't think the little holes were going to work with the Wild Foote. I thought about toe up, because then I could make the most of each skein: no piddling little leftovers when the toe is closed. After three false starts on that, I just decided to do Image hosted by Photobucket.com what I know I like. It just seems a lot less fiddly to me to make decreases for the toes and then graft, than to do the figure 8 cast on and make increases. (OK, so my mittens were made that way. It doesn't seem to bother me in thicker yarn.)

Preview of coming attraction
On the right is a little preview pic of the quick mosaic scarf coming up soon on The Garter Belt. I have to take a few more good pictures tomorrow and then Wendy will do her magic.

In the past 10 minutes I have had to pause writing 10 times for debate and discussion with the 10 year old about the meaning of Bedtime. And now I have lost my whole train of thought. Children seem to think their parents aren't too bright. Little do they know that they made us that way. I guess that means it's time for me to stop writing and go do a little more knitting.

Thanks to those who volunteered to help me with naming sweaters and such. I just might take you up on that.

No comments: