Thursday, January 05, 2006

Rites of Passage

Last night we went out to eat at Culver's, a fast food chain. I left the receipt at the table with my husband while I went to fill the water cups. When I returned, he told me that the young man at the counter had given me the Senior Citizen discount! That was a first. I guess to a high school student, everyone over 40 looks ancient!

Then I had to take Owen out for emergency shoe shopping. His sneakers had self-destructed during the day at school. We had to buy men's size 11!!! And he's not even 11 years old yet! He's going to have massive feet by the time he finishes growing!

Point of clarification on a previous post. I don't find it funny/strange that my sister sent me thrift shop yarn for Christmas. I think that's perfect. The part I find funny is the Sears logo on yarn. It somehow seems like a funny juxtaposition. My strange brain at work.

No comments: