Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Winter's Here

I mailed my submission package to IK today! Now it's time for crossed fingers and waiting.

Sheryl/Yarnit and I had coffee at Lakeside Fibers this morning. It was very slow in there, which was nice. It's a great place to enjoy the view of Monona Bay and watch winter move into town. I managed to get out without buying anything. That must be a first for me. I worked on the Donegal Lambswool top-down raglan and some new mittens. I'm not sure the mittens are exactly working, but they aren't quite failing, either. I modified a chart from Anatolian Knitting Designs, to make it small enough to fit on a mitten. Also, reversed the figure/ground color values. Pictures in the next day or two after I get at least one whole mitten done.

And now I'm having a case of complete Mental Drain. I had at least two other paragraphs of stuff to write, but my head is suddenly completely empty. That must mean I'm done!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you on your IK submission! Good luck!

Carina said...

Let us know how the IK thing turns out. It's a lovely pattern, so they should snatch it up. If they're smart, that is . . .

How'd you leave that lovely store without buying anything? I sure couldn't when we were there, and I wasn't going to buy anything. Honest! They just had the needles I'd been looking for and were so nice . . . That's a very nice shop. I wish I had that nearby.