Monday, May 16, 2005

So this is Monday...

Jacquiebean has posted a pdf of her entry in the Woolease Contest. Download it from the May 16 entry.

I was greatly tempted to send Jacquie something, too. Hers was the only entry I got with photos to illustrate her need. Go get it and have a look! But really, I didn't think worsted weight Wool Ease was the best thing for socks. So, maybe we can start a collection to get her some nice sock yarn? It really will be a better choice.

In other news, I just realized that we are more than half-way through May. Goodness, time is flying. The school year will end soon and then I'll be a raving lunatic. Must enjoy the peace while I can.

LATE BREAKING UPDATE: I have heard from my dad that I am now an aunt and my boys finally have a first cousin. My sister gave birth to a girl, 6 lb 15 oz, at around 4:30 this afternoon. My boys were less than gracious. Owen said, "Why does it have to be a girl." and Colin said, "I don't want any cousins!" (Do that one with the three-year-old's pout and foot stomp to get the full idea.) Now this news is filling me with all sorts of conflicted feelings because my sister has been completely distant from me for at least 15 years. Not overtly hostile: just completely not interested in having any kind of relationship with me. So, absent a direct announcement from her about the arrival of my new niece, do I still sent a gift? I don't have her current address but can get it from my folks. Or do I follow her lead and leave her alone? What would you do?

1 comment:

rincaro said...

I would send something. Family is family and being gracious now might help things down the road.