Tuesday, April 18, 2006

H is For Hyacinth! (or is it hiacynth?)

HisForHyacinthGo ahead and click on it to make it bigger. I'll wait.

While I was out in the garden, crawling around pointing my camera at the ground, muttering to myself, and occasionally yelling at the kids to get out of the light, I heard my name being called from my backyard neighbor. The designer of that pattern (you did click the link, didn't you?) is a friend of my neighbor. That designer offered a knitting machine she doesn't want to move to members of our local knitting group and I was the first one to answer yes. So, tonight while I was crawling around with my possessed camera, she came to deliver it! How exciting. It's much much heavier than either of the knitting machines I already own. I'm hoping it will be a more friendly than my oldest one, which is probably from the late '70s. I'm not sure of the vintage of this one, but I think certainly no older.grapehyacinth1

While I was at it, I took a few other photos in the garden. The lilac leaf buds are opening. There's a grape hyacinth and a little teeny blue flower I don't know the name of. It grows among the ferns. I was looking for fiddleheads when I found it.
lilacsburst

littleblueflower1







Edited to add
For the Record, my camera is an Olympus Camedia C-5060 Widezoom, 5.1 megapixels. I'm quite happy and would recommend it to anyone wanting to step up from point and shoot, but not ready to spend the money for a true digital SLR and 8 megapixels.

11 comments:

Bezzie said...

That's cosmic. I was taking my lunchtime walk today around the neighborhood behind the office, and I saw some daffodils and hyacinths growing in someones yard. I thought to myself, darn, that would have made a great H! But then I thought, nah, I could never make them look as good as Elizabeth does!!!

Jerry & Maxy said...

Ooooooh. Your flowers are further along than ours...crisp, captivating pics.

cpurl17 said...

You must have one gorgeous garden! Your photography is wonderful.

Terby said...

I haven't seen any flowers yet.

I wondered who took the machine. Now I know.

spaazlicious said...

Gorgeous pics--have you mentioned what kind of a camera you have and I missed it?

Jennifer said...

Beautiful images. Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

I think the one you found in the ferns is a squill. My father has a lot of those in his garden. They're pretty! (As are all of your other pictures!)

Carolyn said...

What beautiful photos - as always!

Celia said...

Breathtaking photos! I have always been partial to grape hyacinths. And I've been prowling my neighborhood capturing images of iris in preparation for "I is for..."

helen said...

BEAUTIFUL pics!! yup, it's the first spelling. brava!

so impressed...

Jenny said...

Gorgeous photos again!