Saturday, March 27, 2010

Evidence of Knitting

A Sweater For My Dad

I'm most of the way done with this Grandpa Sweater for my dad. I'm machine knitting it on my LK-150. Jo Sharp DK Classic in color Muscat, which is a very dark purple-ish. I picked up stitches around the armscye to work down to the cuff with short row shaping. Unfortunately, I think I did too many short rows and it creates a bit of a puff sleeve, which isn't a good look for a 74 year old man. Hmm. His birthday is today. I kind of wanted to have this done to send along with Owen when he flies out there tomorrow, but if I redo it, I'll need at least three more days. Well, crap.

A Sock

I frogged the sock I started from this yarn and am doing this one instead. I had been doing another pair of my Making Waves socks and it was turning out pretty well. But I screwed up a bit at knitting group and when I tried to undo a few rows, the twisted stitches refused to cooperate. That was at the February Last Saturday Knitting. This new sock is just a simple twisted stitch rib. I'm pleased so far.

In Other News
The SABLE clan is preparing to move to a bigger house in Madison. There's a lot to do and will be a fair amount of waiting and stressing before it all comes together. If posts get even thinner on the ground than they have been, that's why!

5 comments:

Batty said...

Very nice color on the Dad sweater. The socks are coming along nicely too, I still need to figure out what to do with some yarn that failed to turn into 3 different patterns. Sometimes, yarn is stubborn like that.

Caffeine Girl said...

I think you are getting an amazing amount of knitting done considering that you are moving! Welcome to the big city!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I like the yarn better in this sock pattern.

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I love the sweater.
snessedr

jpknits said...

Sending you good packing vibes. I started out typing packing and purging vibes, but that just sounds wrong and unhealthy.

Healthy packing and prep.