Thursday, March 13, 2008

Springing along...


A funny from our morning paper yesterday...

In other news
I've been crunching numbers for the Sloane Pullover all morning. I hope to get that pattern done and available by the weekend. It's very close. I had to limit the size range to Small-2X. The numbers for the 3X and above just weren't working out for the geometry of the sweater. I feel bad about this because I'm generally committed to offering patterns for as many size people as I can, but this one would really call for a whole different approach to cover the largest women.

And it looks like the ground hog was right this year. We were predicted to have 6 more weeks of winter and it's looking a bit like spring these days. You have to understand that I have always considered it a bargain to get only 6 more weeks of winter from February 2. To me, that is an early spring. I figure, what's the alternative? 8 weeks? 10? 12? So, yeah, if we can be done with most of it by mid-March, I'd say we're doing all right. Last night, our overnight low didn't even dip below freezing! It's sunny, warming, snow's melting, birds are chirping. Yep. Spring is on the way. Of course, it could always dump a big snow on us right through April, but those late season storms don't generally last too long.

Now, back to work.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha! That was cute :)

Molly Bee said...

Cool cartoon! I saw my first Robins today!

YarnThrower said...

I have to say that I didn't realize how uplifting having the sun during our dinner time would be (after daylight savings time began), and coupled with the warmer weather? Wonderful! Now, if my kids would just stay well. I had one home with a fever yesterday...

Bezzie said...

Yeah "breakup" wasn't until at least mid-April back home. We always hoped the groundhog thing would work for us. Never did!

Batty said...

Yes, it's no longer dark when I get to work and when I leave! And... I'm particularly glad I get haircuts and don't get shorn, though I'd certainly like having a fleece or two around...

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Nothing more refreshing than a big April blizzard. I'm disappointed when one doesn't arrive.