Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tempis Fugit and all that...

I feel like I'm so far behind, I must be ahead, or something...

Anyway, I've been knitting, but I can't show you that stuff quite yet.

I've been muddling along. Trying to keep the most basic of needs met for my family: clean clothes, milk in the fridge, and something to eat every evening around 6:00.

School ended June 12. My folks popped in for a quick visit last weekend. Owen left for a school trip on Monday. We helped out a friend with her day care crunch on Tuesday and Wednesday (her son gets on well with my younger one, in general). Took the little guy to the dentist on Thursday. Skipped book group Thursday evening. Went to the airport late Thursday night to pick up Owen. Found out the plane was delayed due to weather. Found out the plane returned to its last departure point when it couldn't land in Madison. Found out the plane would not, in fact, arrive in Madison until 8:30 the following morning. Then, left the airport around 12:30 a.m. Friday, drove through some of the most scary heavy rain I've ever driven in, got home a bit after 1:00, set the alarm to get up and be at the airport again by 8:30. Fortunately, this time the plane did land, and the 28 middle-schoolers and two teachers were able to get home. Owen slept for seven hours yesterday. I crashed on the couch before 9 last night and made it official by going to bed a bit before 10.

That's the recap in brief. I omitted all the tantrums and whining that I've mostly ignored.

This weekend, I hope to get a few patterns written and make a serious dent in laying out the next Knitcircus. And move my computer to the basement, where it's cool and quiet!

5 comments:

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Welcome back! I'm glad to "see" you. The rain was bad here too. There's a bucket that materialized in my yard and it's got a good 5 inches of water in it.
Love, Hunta

Cindy G said...

Whoa, you drove in that storm? Glad everyone is back safe and sound.

Bezzie said...

i did that rain/night drive to the detoit airport once---rain and night driving is scary! luckily the plane actually landed...

glad o made it home in one piece!!

Leslie said...

Wow, you're off to a busy start! Hope you can kick back today and enjoy some peace and quiet :-)

sarah said...

I think I have been lapped by time too. You've been busy!