Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Some Secret Spinning


I made this yarn for my friend Jaala. She loves bright colors. When I saw this roving at the Sow's Ear last week, I knew it would be perfect for her.


detail

You can see in the detail shot that it's not perfect. I have some very thin areas and some thicker areas. But it's pretty nice.

This is from Mountain Colors Targhee Top. The color was Ruby River. It was four ounces to begin with and there was very little lost along the way: maybe couple of grams at most. I Navajo-plied it to keep the color areas mostly together. Approximately 380 yards: my guess is it would be a nice sport weight yarn.

It was a fun burst of color to work up.

7 comments:

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Ahhhhhhh. Very satisfying color and visual texture.

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is really striking. Fabulous!

Kitty Mommy said...

Yum! Isn't it nice stuff to spin? I have to get back to mine (it's "Meadow")

Molly Bee said...

Good Lord Woman! I take a couple day off of blog reading and there's spinning and sock knitting and handbag sewing! Where do you find the time. It's all BEAUTIFUL as usual! Missed you at Knit Night!

Marji said...

What a beautiful beautiful color! And your spin is so fine. just lovely.

Leslie said...

I love all these reds!